Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Storyteller Salty Pete the Pirate sings "Bound for South Australia"




I just created for my partner Max (aka Salty Pete the Pirate) a You Tube clip for his recording of "Bound For South Australia".  (It is the 5th track on his CD of pirate stories and songs "The Troo Adventures of Salty Pete the Pirate") and it's 3 mins long: 

It's pretty cool- if I don't say so myself! I used Apple imovie and iphoto software for the first time and the tutorials were so simple that I was able to teach myself. 

I chose lots of shots of him telling in different settings- Tasmanian Storytelling Festival, Woodford Folk Festival, Woodford Tree Planting Festival, a Gold Coast park, and the Palm Beach Pirate Park. Then I enhanced them, cropped them and added sound effects like ocean waves, seagulls, a yacht , kids cheering etc to the credits! It was hugely fun to make, but rather hard to stop! Unfortunately I had to crop out all the faces of beaming kids in the audience (except our kids) for legal and ethical reasons.

You can't search for it yet as it is too new to register, but the more people visit it, I think the more the search engines will recognise it.

If you have time I'd love to know what you think!!

ENJOY!