Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome to the new blog of Australian storyteller Jenni Cargill-Strong. I am based in beautiful Mullumbimby, near the popular tourist destination Byron Bay, the most easterly point of Australia.

We are a few hours south of Brisbane. Here I will be publishing occasional short articles and my monthly newsletters in which I keep readers up to date not only with what I am doing in the world of story- story performances, Cd's and workshops, but also highlights of story events in Australia and selected events internationally. I'll also give links to great story sites, You Tube clips and pod casts as I come across them.

This is a short entry as I have just come back from a full day telling stories to 480 delightful children at Calvary Christian College in Brisbane to help celebrate Literature Day. I was a guest along with authors Narelle Oliver and Simon Higgins. Last Saturday I had wonderful fun telling marine stories at the Lismore Regional Gallery to a group of 40 children and thirty adults including Lismore's Lord Mayor.

At this time of year my schools flyer is going out to teachers and librarians in preparation for Book Week especially. Because I have two young children, I mostly tour close to home in the Northern Rivers region of NSW, the Gold Coast and Brisbane. Occasionally I find myself further afield especially if I can visit a group of schools in the same area. in Sydney, Newcastle and those areas. If you would like a copy of my new schools flyer, just email me and I can forward you one.

If you just want to soak up stories, check out my Story Tree CDs, iTales, performances and web links go to my website at www.storytree.com.au . If want to learn about stories and storytelling then visit my workshops page and testimonials.